When we present ourselves as medical anthropologists, some of us have been asked:
- do you study dead people?
- do you study bones?
- what is a medical anthropologist?
- what is an anthropologist?
In the comments section, let us know how you explain what you do, how this varies by audience, and if you have experienced “mistaken identity”.
More seriously, I hope that on this blog we can exchange thoughts about “what is at the core of medical anthropology?”
- Overlapping theoretical concepts? Shared methodologies? And does it matter if we have a shared identity or definition of the field?
- If you have an inclination to rewrite the “What is medical anthropology” statement on this website, please post your new version.