It’s that time of year again! The Society for Medical Anthropology (SMA) is calling for nominations to fill the following five positions on the SMA Executive Board:
- Member at large (2 positions open) – 3 year term: 2016-2019
- Student Member at large– 3 year term: 2016-201
- Secretary – 3 year term: 2016-2019
- President Elect – 4 year term: 2016-2020
Details regarding the duties for these positions can be found in our bylaws, which are posted at http://www.medanthro.net/about/by-laws/. See especially ‘Article V. Governance,’ Sections 4-6.
All SMA members are eligible for nominations. Terms begin at the close of the SMA Business meeting at the American Anthropological Association meetings, November 16-20 2016.
To nominate someone (self-nominations are welcome) please submit the following information electronically to the chair of the Nominations Committee, Eileen Moyer (firstname.lastname@example.org):
- A statement from the nominator justifying the nomination
- A CV for the nominee
- Confirmation that the proposed nominee has agreed to stand for election if nominated by SMA’s Nomination Committee.
Nominations may be submitted until January 27, 2016.
In addition to receiving nominations, Eileen will gladly answer questions regarding nominations procedures and the duties entailed in each office.