UT Southwestern Medical Center
Division of Behavior & Communication Sciences
Department of Clinical Sciences
A postdoctoral fellowship is available to enhance research capacity in interventional healthcare delivery research, with an emphasis on multiple chronic conditions. Fellowship will provide the successful candidate with opportunity to engage in mentored research. Fellow will gain research experience in recruitment of research participants, primary data collection, integrative data analysis, and implementation science and evaluation.
Sponsored by Simon Craddock Lee, PhD MPH, the fellow will join a highly collegial group of faculty investigators, physician scientists, and professional research staff conducting inter- disciplinary team science to alleviate health disparities, especially in urban and rural safety-net settings.
The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center is one of the world’s leading health science research institutions, with nationally-ranked clinical training programs and a robust commitment to advancing clinical and translational research under the auspices of the NIH- funded Center for Translational Medicine. Unique resources include:
- sophisticated EMR data extraction and reporting of granular patient-level data
- qualitative research core with professional scientific staff
- research database design and programming to support studies
- robust institutional partnerships to facilitate study among insured, under- and uninsured
- Parkland Health & Hospital System, the integrated safety-net system for Dallas County
- Childrens’ Medical Center, a premier pediatric network including community-based pediatric primary care and pediatric tertiary care hospital
- Southwestern Health Resources, an accountable care organization partnership with Texas Health Resources serving 16 North Texas counties through a network of >300 clinics and hospitals.
The successful candidate will work with Dr. Lee and faculty colleagues to tailor Fellowship to meet individualized learning needs, further develop research knowledge and skills, and establish their own program of research. The fellowship offers opportunities for:
- Mentorship and training
- Participation as a co-investigator on multi-disciplinary team science
- Guidance and support in grant writing and budget development
- Development and submission of manuscripts for peer-reviewed publication
- Pedagogic opportunities to provide lectures and/or small group teaching
Campus postdoctoral resources : Dallas is the ninth largest county and one of the most ethnically diverse in the US. As a major urban metroplex, the Dallas-Arlington-Fort Worth region continues to experience rapid population growth, with arts and culture offerings as renowned as the athletic franchises.
Terms of the Fellowship
The fellowship is a one-year full-time position, with potential for a second year, subject to performance review. Anticipated start date July 1, 2017 (may be negotiable).
Salary will reflect federal NRSA 2017 stipend levels (base: ~$47,500 + years post-PhD), with benefits.
Eligible applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
• The Fellowship is open to US citizens and permanent residents at the time of application;
• Completion of a PhD or equivalent in public health OR a health research-focused social science within the last 5 years. Students currently enrolled in a doctoral program must provide evidence of degree-in-hand prior to being offered the fellowship;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Bilingual English/Spanish language would be an advantage, but is not required.
Initial inquiries should include the following components:
- A cover letter that includes a brief outline of Fellowship goals and relevance to faculty investigator research activities
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae noting all peer-reviewed publications and presentations
- 2-3 academic or professional references available for telephone or email follow-up
Please send submit packet to SimonCraddock.Lee@utsouthwestern.edu. Formal application will be invited to submit using via UT Southwestern on-line HR portal. UT Southwestern Medical Center is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply