Neuroethics Research Unit
*Institut de recherches cliniques de Montréal, IRCM*
This offer could be transformed into a scholarship for a graduate student supervised at the IRCM.
Areas of research:
*Interdisciplinary interventional research in transitional care *
*Ethics of rare diseases and pediatric chronic health conditions*
*Participatory health research*
With the support of:
Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR)
We are seeking postdoctoral fellows or graduate students to join the
Neuroethics Research Unit of the Montreal Clinical Research Institute
the ethical and social implications of health care transitions for youth
with chronic conditions, including rare diseases. The selected candidates
will be involved in interventional ethics projects focused on pediatric to
adult transitional care for youth with chronic health conditions and youth
with primary immunodeficiencies/rare diseases who receive services at the
Centre hospitalier universitaire Ste-Justine and the IRCM. These projects
aim to characterize transition practices from an ethics standpoint and to
pilot innovative ethics-informed interventions to support youth and their
caregivers. These positions are funded by a grant from the Canadian
Institutes of Health Research (CIHR) and the IRCM Foundation. These are
12-month positions with possible renewal. Candidates with expertise outside
of bioethics (e.g., implementation science or action-research) are invited
to submit their application.
· Ph.D. training in bioethics or social science or health sciences or
· Interest in pursuing empirical research in bioethics
· Ability to work in collaboration with stakeholders
· Very good communication and interpersonal skills
· Publication and scientific communication experience
· Organization skills and proficient time management
· Interdisciplinary teamwork experience
· French-English bilingualism
· Autonomy and high level of motivation
· Ideally, experience in health research or implementation research
*Undergraduate degree for candidates applying for the graduate student
Position remains open until filled.
Start date: as soon as June 1, 2018.
Submit by email a CV, a cover letter and two reference letters to: Eric
Racine, Ph.D., Director, Neuroethics Research Unit (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please specify if you are applying for a postdoctoral fellowship or
graduate scholarship. Only those selected for an interview will be