Welcome to our website!
The Council on Anthropology and Reproduction (CAR) was founded in 1979. Our mission is to build strong and active networks among scholars, practitioners, researchers, teachers, trainers, activists, and policy makers interested in the anthropology of reproduction in its many permutations. Our members come from countries across the globe and professions at the center of anthropology and well beyond. CAR facilitates networking through its facebook page, twitter, listserv, biannual newsletter, membership directory, and special events at the American Anthropological Association annual meetings as well as meetings of the Society for Medical Anthropology and the Society for Applied Anthropology.
Steering Committee Members
- Chair: Jan Brunson
- Senior Advisors:Robbie Davis-Floyd & Lynn Morgan
- Treasurer: Jocelyn Killmer (Nov. 2014-Nov. 2016)
- Treasurer Elect: Elyse Singer (Nov. 2016-Nov. 2018)
- Secretary: Carrie Hough (Nov. 2015-Nov. 2017)
- Newsletter Co-Chairs: Eliza Williamson (Nov. 2014-Nov. 2016) & Adrienne Strong (Nov. 2015-Nov. 2017)
- Advocacy Committee Co-Chairs: Joanna Mishtal & Risa Cromer
- Membership Coordinator: Elizabeth Wirtz (Nov. 2014-Nov. 2016)
- Membership Coordinator Elect: Diane Tober (Nov. 2016-Nov. 2018)
- Listserv Coordinator: Zakea Boeger (Nov. 2015-Nov. 2017)
- Graduate Paper Prize Committee Co-Chairs: Rachel Chapman & Claire Wendland (Nov. 2015-Nov. 2017)
- Website Coordinator: Holly Donahue Singh (Nov. 2014-Nov. 2016)
- Website Coordinator Elect: Sophya Yumakulov (Nov. 2016-Nov. 2018)