Welcome to our new website!
The Council on Anthropology and Reproduction (CAR) was founded in 1979. Our mission is to build strong and active networks among scholars, practitioners, researchers, teachers, trainers, activists, and policy makers interested in the anthropology of reproduction in its many permutations. Our members come from countries across the globe and professions at the center of anthropology and well beyond. CAR facilitates networking through its facebook page, twitter, listserv, biannual newsletter, membership directory, and special events at the American Anthropological Association annual meetings as well as meetings of the Society for Medical Anthropology and the Society for Applied Anthropology.
Steering Committee Members
- Chair: Sallie Han
- Chair-Elect: Jan Brunson
- Senior Advisors:Robbie Davis-Floyd & Lynn Morgan
- Secretary: Vanessa Hildebrand (-Nov. 2015), Carrie Hough (Nov. 2015-)
- Treasurer: Jocelyn Killmer
- Newsletter Co-Chairs: Lucia Guerra-Reyes & Eliza Williamson
- Advocacy Committee Co-Chairs: Joanna Mishtal & Risa Cromer
- Membership Coordinator: Elizabeth Wirtz
- Listserv Coordinator: Sarah Miller-Fellows (-Nov. 2015), Zakea Boeger (Nov. 2015-)
- Newsletter Co-Chairs: Summer Wood & Lucia Guerra-Reyes
- Graduate Paper Prize Committee Co-Chairs: Rachel Chapman & Robbie Davis-Floyd
- Website Coordinator: Holly Donahue Singh